New Site Uses Video to Combine the Visibility of a Job Board with the Functionality of an Applicant Tracking System, Reinvents How Employers and Job Seekers Connect Online
Palo Alto, Calif. – January 30, 2012 – GetHired.com, the leading end-to-end hiring solution for small- and medium-sized businesses, today announced that it has raised $1.75 million in an oversubscribed round of seed funding. GetHired.com is a free service that empowers job seekers to differentiate themselves in the hiring process by creating video and audio profiles to accompany their resume – while assisting potential employers with applicant discovery and management.
The hiring process often costs employers thousands of dollars per open position – from the expense of posting an available job online, to the time it takes to sort through stacks of resumes and navigate the interview process. GetHired.com is the first job board to embed video and audio capabilities directly into its social recruiting platform so that job seekers can record and submit personal, dynamic responses to an employer’s most pressing pre-screening questions at the start of the hiring process. As a result, employers are able to quickly find the most qualified candidates for their organization, significantly saving time and money.
GetHired.com helps employers to:
- Quickly, securely and at no cost post open positions online – even in conjunction with existing job boards;
- Ask customized pre-screening questions for specific positions, enabling job seekers to differentiate themselves with video, audio and written responses;
- More efficiently search for, pre-screen and track top candidates;
- Initiate and complete the interview process online, in real-time; and
- Connect with real candidates, not just a stack of resumes.
See our brief employer video here.
“Job seekers who invest time and energy in completing more thorough job applications have an increased likelihood of getting interviews and getting hired,” said Chris Morrow, vice president of business development at Boston Medical Group. “GetHired.com provides a unique insight into applicants that has helped us to get a better sense of which job seekers have the skills best suited for our open positions. As a result, we have been able to hire candidates at a fraction of the time, and have saved tens of thousands of dollars in the process.”
GetHired.com also provides job seekers with real-time updates on the status of each application that they have submitted. Candidates are alerted when an employer has shown interest in their profile, and can track their progress in the hiring process until a position is closed.
GetHired.com helps job seekers to:
- Stay organized as they uncover jobs at top companies;
- Stand out from other job seekers by creating a personal video and audio introduction to accompany their resume, providing a more dynamic perspective on their achievements and work experience;
- Create a public video profile to use when applying to any online position;
- Follow their favorite companies so that they are aware of any new or relevant positions available; and
- Upload their availability for interviews in real-time so that employers may initiate and schedule telephone, virtual or in-person interviews in real-time.
See our brief job seeker video here.
“Since job search came online nearly two decades ago, the space has not experienced significant innovation,” said Suki Shah, co-founder and CEO at GetHired.com. “Utilizing the latest advances in Web technology, GetHired.com is revolutionizing the hiring process for both employers and job seekers. From the initial job post, to the pre-screening and interview process, to ultimately hiring top candidates for open positions, GetHired.com saves time and money — serving as a partner to employers and job seekers in the modern online job search.”
Employers and job seekers may begin using GetHired.com today – at no cost. Simply visit https://gethired.com to sign up.
GetHired.com (www.GetHired.com) is reinventing the way that employers and job seekers connect in today’s digital world. It combines the visibility of a job board with the functionality of an applicant tracking system – allowing employers to find and pre-screen candidates using video and audio, conduct real-time virtual interviews and manage the entire onboarding process. GetHired.com produces better-quality candidates, in less time, at no cost. The Company is based in Palo Alto, California.